1. How did you get to where you are today?
I’ve been involved in and learnt about nearly every part of the business and restoration industry over the last 20 years.
2. What’s the biggest challenge facing your sector of the industry?
The complexity of wet perils and increase in frequency. The greatest barrier to addressing the rise in cost on EOW claims is those that think it is simply the level of cost being applied. It is very much more complicated than that. The solution requires longer-term collaboration with experienced and skilled suppliers.
We also have to collaborate with other parts of the industry to be able to offer a better overall service to our clients and their customers.
3. How are you and your business dealing with this?
Developing more and increasingly sophisticated data analytics in our business, collaborating with Industry partners and customers to address practical challenges.
Continuing our investment in our own Research and Development and training of our workforce ensures we are ahead of the game when it comes to the challenges of new technology, modern building materials and construction methods.
4. Out of your business achievements, what are you most proud of and why?
I am so proud that day in day out our technicians help Policyholders recover from traumatic events in their homes or businesses. I am enormously proud of the dedication our staff show when they are working sympathetically with Policyholders properties and their contents.
Another achievement concerns one of our client’s policyholder retention, a longstanding HNW client who renew 92% of policies. When Revival have been involved on a claim it is 99%
5. What advice would you give to anyone starting out in insurance?
Challenge the status quo. Push the boundaries and look after your clients and most of all really enjoy the challenge of what you are doing.
6. If you could change anything what would you do to make the insurance industry “Better tomorrow”?
I believe to offer a better overall service as an industry, we should stop purchasing in silos and assist more Insurers in understanding the whole claim cost. Working more collaboratively we can give better service for less cost. That has got to be more rewarding for all of us.
7. What’s your top tip for being productive?
Plan, (surround yourself with a great team) and get on, do it and enjoy doing it.
8. What gadget can’t you live without?
9. Talent or Perseverance?
Perseverance – but they aren’t mutually exclusive.
10. What do you do to switch off or escape from work?
A walk on the beach usually does the trick.