At Symbility we create world class experiences that simplify businesses and improve lives. We believe that technology is the enabler to achieve this ambition. Our solutions help streamline the claims journey for the user, enabling them to deliver a fast and effective service for the customer. Symbility Claims Connect & Symbility LINK enhance customer communication by enabling all parties to collaborate together, concluding claims quickly and effectively. It puts the insurer in control, reduces friction and in turn reduces claim lifecycles delivering a better outcome for all parties. Our technology enables improved customer service, indemnity control and process efficiency whilst at all times controlling risk through the claim process
1. How did you get to where you are today?
Hard work, perseverance, making decisions, creativity but above all, working with great people in some great teams.
2. What’s the biggest challenge facing your sector of the industry?
The fear of change and making decisions.
3. How are you and your business dealing with this?
Constantly bringing new ideas to the market and developing them into reality. Demonstrating the value that those new opportunities and processes can bring/have brought, to deliver against the constant challenges of Cost, Customer and Control.
4. Out of your business achievements, what are you most proud of and why?
Changing the way the market works through independence of validation versus fulfilment. It still stacks up to this day.
5. What advice would you give to anyone starting out in the industry?
Listen, learn quickly but be inquisitive, bold and brave. Look to make a difference through change.
6. If you could change anything what would you do to make the insurance
industry “Better tomorrow”?
Speed up decision making and go after opportunities quickly.
7. What’s your top tip for being productive?
Carve out thinking time in the diary and act on those thoughts.
8. What gadget can’t you live without?
I hate them all, they’re so addictive!
9. Talent or Perseverance?
You need both, both can be learned so never give up and be satisfied with how you are today.
10. What do you do to switch off or escape from work?
That’s always difficult but I love all sports albeit I’m more of a watcher these days than partaker!