Pukka Insure have breathed fresh air into the insurance industry with their focus on honesty and transparency – a really refreshing take. Aimed at providing competitive, commercial vehicle insurance for tradespeople, their focus on jargon free, simplified insurance paired with a first class claims service is blazing the trail for a more bespoke and less outdated system.
We caught up with Sam and got her to share with us the secrets to her success.
1. How did you get to where you are today?
Lots of coffee, enthusiasm and sheer bloody mindedness 🙂
2. What’s the biggest challenge facing your sector of the industry?
Technological advancements, new players and the challenges of integrating the new advancements with the legacy processes and systems within the industry
3. How are you and your business dealing with this?
We are focusing on bringing in new diverse talent and trying to find modular tech advancements that can be tested in project environments before rolling out to the rest of the business
4. Out of your business achievements, what are you most proud of and why?
Managing to survive massive regulatory change in 2013 and a reduction in over 50% of our revenue line without losing any integrity, and turning the business round into a entirely different entity as a result of it
5. What advice would you give to anyone starting out in the industry?
Don’t be afraid to challenge the norm, be optimistic and persistent
6. If you could change anything what would you do to make the insurance industry “Better tomorrow”?
I would make it more open, in it’s perceptions of both people and market opportunities
7. What’s your top tip for being productive
Focus on the outcome and not the task
8. What gadget can’t you live without?
9. Talent or Perseverance?
10. What do you do to switch off or escape from work?
My kids and the gym